Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3/6/12 - Ready, Set, GO!

So... tomorrow is the day.  I am REALLY nervous. 

I'm going to follow all instructions AND suggestions given by my Dr, the IVF Coordinator and my friends that have been through it.  I've been instructed NOT to workout during the month of this process.  The reason is because my ovaries will be so enlarged with all the meds that I run a risk of turning them and permanantly damaging them if I move my torso too much.  SO... I'm going to take a break from Crossfit :(  Anyone who knows me, knows that is a tough one... but worth it of course.  I plan on walking at night, which is approved by the doc.  :)

I figured that if I DO get prego from this, I probably won't be doing much traveling in the next few years.  My life as a childless "do whatever I want" girl will be changed forever.  So I booked a girl's trip to New York City with my husband's FREE flight miles :)  I went from 3/1 - 3/5 with my sister Jill and my friend Dani.  We SHOPPED a lot and ATE a lot!  It was a nice way to keep my mind off of IVF and to just relax.


The IVF Coordinator told me I can't get a massage during the cycle month so TONIGHT my husband and I got massages for a little extra relaxation before injections.  I was able to spend some time in the steam room and sauna :) I also have a facial scheduled for halfway through the process. Today I purchased a Groupon for acupuncture which I've heard helps with IVF. I'll schedule that soon. Last week I went to a meditation seminar and I've been meditating lately... Which I also heard helps with IVF. Anyway, I'm doing everything I can to RELAX :)

With that said, I will tell you that I had a slight meltdown tonight. I was just thinking a lot about the needles and the thought of "what if it doesn't work". So Corey gave me a blessing which was very helpful. He blessed me to feel peace and to have strength, which is exactly what I need. I'm off to bed now, I have an early Dr's appointment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying all of your blog posts. I'm thinking you should write a book when this is all said & done!

    ReplyDelete