Monday, March 19, 2012

3/19/12 - Egg Retrieval

I took it easy this morning and was at the Dr's office by 11am. They took me back and hooked up the IV. The nurse and anesthesiologist were really great. I'm so surprised I stayed calm. Last time I had surgery (laparoscopy for possible endometriosis) I started crying as I was being wheeled to the surgery room and I tried to rip out the IV when I woke up. Yikes. I was so relaxed and such a good patient today :).

The Dr came over and told me everything went well and he got 20 eggs and that we need to do a frozen transfer because my progesterone levels were high and there's that pesky risk of getting OHSS because I produced so many eggs. This means I will start my cycle in the next 10 - 12 days then call their office when I start and they'll give me instructions for Progesterone Oil injections and a transfer schedule.

My brother took me home at about 2pm. I took my doxyciclin (antibiotic). This is to prevent infection. And I read in my "Getting Pregnant" book that it helps improve the chance of success with IVF :) I'm on bed rest for the rest of the day.

Dr D will call me TOMORROW night with an update of my fertilization (how the embryos are doing). That seems like FOREVER to wait. Overall, it was a great day and pretty relaxing. I'll post again as soon as I have an update from the Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment