Thursday, April 26, 2012

4/26/12 - Explanation

Dr. D just called me and said my embryos are at early blossom stage and he just wants to give them one more day to develop.  He seemed nervous.  I was a little bold and said "I know I'm not suppose to compare myself to other patients but my friend is doing this cycle too and last time she had to wait an extra day and then didn't have any embryos to transfer so I'm really concerned.  Just tell me honestly, should I not get my hopes up?"  He said NO everything looks fine they just want to give one more day to develop and the MAJORITY of patients need the extra day anyway and go to day 6 (which is tomorrow for me).  He said this is not unusual.  I asked him if he has actually looked at my embryos and if he could tell if they're bad quality.  He said they're not bad quality.  I asked if he could tell how many were GREAT and how many were Good.  He said "we have 3 in the running and hopefully by tomorrow we'll have 1 or 2".  <--- that wasn't very encouraging to me!  Oh well... it is what it is.  I can't do anything to change it at this point so I will try to relax and wait to see what tomorrow brings. 

On a BRIGHT note - I received this message through Facebook just now and it was very encouraging.

"Hi Kim,

I am a friend of Tracy Giffords. When she found out my daughter was conceived through IVF she told me about your story and your blog. Just wanted to give you some encouragement to hang in there. We had 12eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized and by day 5 only one had made it and it was an A/B. I was worried and disappointed on transfer day because the odds were not in our favor but it worked!!! This was only one cycle,also. Anyway, hope you don't mind me messaging you-I know the difficult journey and emotions of IVF. I am hoping your cycle is successful! If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them as best I can."

All it takes is ONE!

1 comment:

  1. That is an excellent message and good timing. We are praying for you! Love you Kimmy! And Corey too!

    ReplyDelete