Friday, April 27, 2012

4/27/12 - My Transfer Day, Recap

This morning Corey and I stopped for smoothies on our way to acupuncture. I got a PINEAPPLE smoothie because I've read that pineapple helps with implantation. :)

Acupuncture was nice. Corey went back with me and watched her put all the needles in but he left the room later because he was talking to me too much while I was suppose to relax. He took that picture.

I was very relaxed after sitting under the heat lamp for about 30 minutes. I didn't want to get up. Hopefully it helped :)

We had about an hour and a half to spare before our transfer appointment so we went to Whole Foods and I got some fresh pineapple slices, pineapple juice and brazil nuts (I also read they're good for transfer). Then we had lunch at Cafe Rio.

When we got to the fertility center they had me get into scrubs and wait in the recovery room next to a lady that I chatted with for a while. She was there for a transfer too and this was her 3rd try... 1st with this clinic and she said it was already soo much better than the other places she went.

They took me back to the op room and Corey came in with a scrub cap on. Dr. D came in and explained that we only had 2 embies left and they were both grade 1 (best grade). He recommended we transfer both. Corey and I talked about it and didn't like the idea of only transferring 1 and then refreezing 1 with a possibility of it not making it out of thaw if we had to do another frozen transfer. So we chose 2. Corey filmed the ultrasound monitor while they did the transfer and then the embryologist checked the container to make sure they were both out.

If you're interested in a good article about transfers... http://www.ivf-infertility.com/ivf/standard/procedure/replacement.php

Then they wheeled me into the recovery room while I laid on the gurney with my knees up for 20 minutes. It was so sad, a girl next to me was coming out of anesthesia from having a d&c :(

On the way home Corey made me put my feet on the dash and scoot down in the seat so my pelvis was more flat. :)

I'm home and on bed rest now. I'm so grateful for modern science and that we have the opportunity to do this. I'm so happy to know that there are 2 little embies trying to hang in there and make us a little family.

3 comments:

  1. This is such exciting news! Take it easy and let me know if there is anything you need like a pineapple smoothie:) So exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. I am very excited to see what the next few weeks bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kim. I am keeping you in my thoughts as we both wait through to get our results. My fingers are crossed for you.

    http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete