Thursday, August 9, 2012

8/9/12 - LAST Ultrasound and Blood Work

This morning I had my LAST fertility center appointment.  I can't believe I'm done there.  I'm sooo grateful for all that they have done to get me to this point. 

Corey is working in China for the next few weeks so of course he missed out on the ultrasound today which he was really sad about.  My mom decided to drive here from Utah so she could go with me because she wanted to see the babies :) 

A couple of nights ago in Utah I was telling my mom that I was really nervous about the ultrasound and I was worried they would say "Huh... it looks like there are no babies in there" or that their heartbeats have stopped.  :(

She suggested I get a blessing from my dad and brother so I did and it was wonderful and I didn't stress about it anymore.

At the ultrasound this morning they showed me their heart flutters and the babies were moving so much.  The nurses said they were both dancing.  I filmed a little bit of it so I could show Corey later. 



The Dr said their heart rates and sizes looked great and they've grown a lot since the last appointment.  My mom kept crying while watching the babies.  I kept telling them how weird it is that I'm pregnant and that I don't feel pregnant.  I can't believe there are TWO wiggly little babies inside me!  What a blessing!

Tuesday I took my last progesterone pill and now I'm only taking pre-natals.  They'll call me this afternoon with my blood work results which I expect to be normal with no med change instructions.

Dr D knows my OBGYN very well and told me he will contact him about my case before my appointment tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow at 9:10am is my first OBGYN appointment.  I wrote out a list of questions for him. 

After Dr D told me some last minute instructions he gave me a big hug and told me I have graduated.  He told me to keep him updated and send him pictures of the babies when they're born.

Wow.  This fertility journey is coming to a close.  For anyone starting or thinking about starting IVF I would say DO IT and enjoy it and relax.  Everything will be alright and it's not as bad as you think.  And of course it's ALL WORTH IT. 

Hopefully everything goes well in the next few months.  If anything comes up related to fertility I will post here.  Otherwise... you can keep updated on the pregnancy and babies through my family blog.  www.CoreyAndKimberly.BlogSpot.com

I'll warn you now that I hadn't been keeping it updated but I will try to be better!  Now that I've gotten used to posting so often I think I will be on track for keeping it updated.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kim! That's huge, what a milestone. I am so excited for you and so happy that your IVF journey is moving into regular OB-land! Sending happy thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kim! Looking forward for more update from you soon.

    in vitro fertilization

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this informative with us...
    IVF treatment

    ReplyDelete